Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maxine About Retirement

YOU MEAN?



(staircase in front of my therapist!)
(Drawing copyright Bobo the Earth. Thanks Bernard for your drawing)
ACCESSIBILITY

From the time I walked without difficulty I did not realize how lucky I was! I could go where I wanted.
Now that I'm in a wheelchair, the obstacles are many.

Going to my doctor, physiotherapist, dentist, etc. are an issue for me. You tell me that there ramps to make surgeries have wheelchair access.

Most of the time they are unusable. the slope is so steep that I defy anyone to venture on it with a wheelchair
I am very angry. By law making all public places accessible to the disabled. To comply with the legislation we hurry to cobble together a ramp and too bad if it is unusable!

I can not stand that they make fun of people. Never asked the opinion of those concerned. It's always bodied people who decide everything.
I am able to speak clearly. Why am I not understanding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment